Wednesday 12 May 2010

Post Art Fair Thoughts

So the art fair went well. It was a good experience and I met a few new people, who were very helpful and encouraging. Sales wise, I managed to sell 3 prints (Elvis, Ray Charles and Bob Marley), which I guess was kind of what I expected. I also traded a couple prints with a fellow pencil artist Tom Donohue, who is very talented and fast becoming a popular name in the art community.
I forgot to take a photo of my stall, but here's a picture of the prints I made to go on sale. They were selling at £10 each, but I think I'm going to raise the price at the next fair to £15. Something I learnt at the fair was that my A3 mounts were too big. There are A3 frames available but the standard size for my drawings is 11x14 which is slightly smaller and, I must admit, does look better. I've trimmed a few of the A3 mounts down to fit this size and I'm taking them back to the Gallery as Madelaina has been kind enough to put them on sale. I also left my original Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley and Elvis Presley drawings with Madelaina, which are hanging nicely on one of the pillars in The Gallery. I will try get a photo of this next time I am there.
Today I enquired about the Calidad art fair in Childwall School at the beginning of July and there are still spaces available so I am currently filling in the form to get involved in that one. That's my next target so I have a good 7 weeks to produce some new artwork :)


No comments:

Post a Comment